Monday, March 29, 2010

Bring On The Sausage, Veggie Sausage Of Course!

If you are a vegetarian in the United States, there's no doubt in my mind that you have come across Morningstar Farms products. The green packaging in the supermarket just draws you in and you think - hmmm, I'll give it a try. Here's my thought - if you haven't tried it, it's time! High protein, low carb, low fat - win, win, win!!! Have no idea what I am talking about, visit here -http://www.morningstarfarms.com/.

One of my favourite Morningstar Farms product is the sausage patty (not to be confused with the sausage link). I use it in my favourite morning meal pretty often. Of course now I am going to share that meal with you - Spicy Sausage and Egg Scramble. This recipe rings in at about 34g protein and 15g carbs...hot dawg!



Spicy Sausage and Egg Scramble

2 Morningstar Farm Sausage Patty (microwave for 1min and chop it up)
1 tsp olive oil
1 quarter cup chopped onion and red pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper, salt and cumin seeds
1/4 cup egg beaters
1 oz shredded Cabot Cheddar (50% Reduced Fat is my favourite)

Heat the oil, add onion and pepper and saute until soft. Add spices and blend. Add chopped up sausage and egg beaters and stir until cooked. Top with some cheese and eat away guilt free. Goes great with a little ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment